It’s been a while since I’ve posted a new recipe so let me reintroduce myself! I’m Dylan Cutler, a holistic health blogger, vegan, fitness enthusiast, support worker, feminist and scientist who recently became “Dr Cutler” after successfully defending my doctoral thesis in May. It’s been a whirlwind of a year (hence the absent blog posts) but if you are curious about what I’ve been up to, I’ve been sharing parts of my journey on Facebook and Instagram (with much more to come!). For now, I welcome you back with this vegan-friendly burger recipe in time for BBQ season. Thank you for supporting me and this space.
- grilled or baked portobello mushroom (see instructions here)
- vegan burger patty (my quinoa kale lentil patties pictured here can be found in my recipe eBook)
- sliced avocado
- non-dairy cheese, like Daiya Foods Cheddar slices
- sliced pickles
- fresh spinach
- Bake portobello mushroom according to instructions provided above. I use a pan with a lip as the juices of the mushroom will spread.
- Cook the vegan burger patty you have chosen.
- Build your vegan burger in layers as shown (I prefer an open face burger if using a mushroom bun as I find portobello mushrooms to be quite rich).
Be sure to tag @phruitfuldish on Instagram or Facebook if you feel the urge to photograph and share your creation with me!
With health and joy,
Ps. While this post is not sponsored, I am a brand ambassador for Daiya Foods and was provided the non-dairy cheddar slices used in this recipe.