Some of my joys of fall include: leaves turning and falling to the ground, cool breezes, invigorating hikes, cozy sweaters, hot tea, pumpkin patches and rich, aromatic flavours. Most coffee shops sell their version of a pumpkin spice latte this time of year (known as the PSL). Unfortunately, these drinks often don’t even include any pumpkin! Additionally, syrups are often used with chemicals that are believed to be carcinogenic. Since I love warm, cozy spices like cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, I made this flavourful smoothie using plant-based ingredients with healing properties that provide nourishment and satisfaction. The best part is you can make it right at home. Enjoy and please share your creations with me!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, frozen
- 4 dates
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice mix (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, all spice, cardamom)
- toppings: coconut, etc.
- Throw all ingredients in a blender and voila! Putting in almond milk first blends easiest.
- high in antioxidants, fiber, potassium, and vitamin C
- contains beta-carotene which may help prevent some types of cancer
- chia seeds:
- high in fiber, protein, and omega 3s
- cinnamon may: