These nourishing sweet potato chips make for a great movie night or game-day snack. They are infinitely healthier than most store-bought chips and are still delicious. Ps. if you’re thinking about skipping the oil, consider that it helps us absorb the nutrients, like beta-carotene, in the sweet potato!
- 1 sweet potato (sometimes called a yam)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- splash of almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub sweet potato.
- Slice sweet potato as thinly as possible with a sharp knife (a mandoline would work better if you have one).
- Toss sweet potato slices in oil, rosemary, and thyme.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet with parchment paper on it.
- Cook in oven for 10 minutes and then flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
- As chips are cooking, mix avocado, garlic, and almond milk in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Keep an eye on the chips near the end as the edges can burn quickly.
- sweet potato = anti-inflammatory, medium glycemic index food but high in fiber & studies have shown they may assist blood sugar regulation (even better if boiled not roasted), high in beta-carotene which may improve fertility, may increase adiponectin levels in those with type 2 diabetes, shown to reduce the risk of pancreatic cancer
- rosemary = anti-inflammatory, has been shown to inhibit the proliferation of ovarian cancer cells
- thyme = anti-septic, anti-fungal, may help lower cholesterol
4 thoughts on “Sweet Potato Chips with Avocado Dip”
What a fabulous snack! Love sweet potatos! And the dip sounds wonderful! Definitely going to have try try this. Have a spectacular weekend!
This is such a great snack idea! I love the creamy avocado dip too, so simple yet delicious. Thanks!
Putting this on next week’s menu.
ooow I know a lot of people who would like this!!!
Comments are closed.