The seven-layer dip seems to be the first appetizer to disappear at every BBQ or dinner party. Unfortunately, most store-bought dips include a list of ingredients as long as my arm, which is an immediate turn-off for a nutritionist or health nut. I created this dairy-free seven-layer dip with extra protein, fiber, and healthy fats. As far as reviews, let’s just say that this recipe is in high demand among my friends!
- avocado = anti-inflammatory, low glycemic index, high in fiber, may help lower LDL “bad” cholesterol and maintain normal serum total cholesterol levels, contains glutathione which has anti-carcinogenic properties and may boost immunity
- beans = high in protein, fiber, potassium, magnesium, folate, vitamin B6 and phytonutrients which help lower blood pressure, manage blood sugar levels and prevent cardiovascular disease, contains several flavonoids including quercetin which is anti-inflammatory and may reduce the risk of atherosclerosis
- cashews = high in protein and monounsaturated fat, shown to help reduce risk of type 2 diabetes, may help lower LDL-cholesterol and increase HDL-cholesterol
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/4 cup olives
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Make a smooth bottom layer of the dip using the refried beans.
- In a food processor (or a high-speed blender), make the guacamole layer. Combine the avocado, lime, red onion, and garlic. Spoon the guac on top of the bean layer and smooth out.
- Rinse food processor and start the cheese layer. Combine pre-soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder, cumin, and olive oil. Spoon the cheese layer carefully on top of the guac layer.
- Add a salsa layer.
- Top with remaining ingredients: pepper, olives, and cilantro.
- Store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Pin For Later:
I would love to see your seven-layer dip creations! Share with me on Instagram or Facebook tagging @dr.dylancutler.
2 thoughts on “Healthy Vegan Seven-Layer Dip”
I would probably leave out the olives, but the rest sounds so good!!
That would work, too! I used to hate olives but now I can’t get enough. The Greek in me is alive and well!
Comments are closed.