Habits begin developing at an early age and become increasingly difficult to change. With the rapid rise of both childhood and adult obesity in North America, it is crucial for new, expecting, and TTC parents to be informed and have accessible options to prioritize nutritious meals and an active lifestyle. Research shows that children imitate their parents’ habits, including attitudes and behaviours. I am privileged and thankful to have grown up in a family where health-conscious, active living was prioritized. These early experiences, like eating dinners at the table together, have helped sculpt my values. Studies indicate that children who eat more meals with their family have less depressive symptoms, better nutrition, more academic success, and higher self-esteem. Just 3 meals together a week can provide an opportunity to create more meaningful relationships and improve a child’s quality of life.
The Healthy Family Expo is a fun-filled day for the whole family that introduces small steps and simple solutions for healthy, active, eco-friendly living.
Highlights of the 4th annual Healthy Family Expo on Sunday, March 26, include:
- Meeting popular CBC Kids characters Daniel Tiger, Super WHY!, Bookaboo & Scout;
- Bobs & LoLo and Jessie Farrell concerts featuring songs celebrating the natural world;
- HUGE Active Kid Zone with rock wall, giant hamster ball race track, Tumblebus & TumbleTown, Springfree trampolines, Sportball & Pedalheads play areas and more;
- 200+ exhibitors with healthy food sampling & eco-friendly products & services;
- Whole Foods Market Zone, London Drugs Health Zone, and brand new Toyota Canada Outdoor Living Zone, West Coast Kids Healthy Baby Zone, and Green Living Zone;
- Science World fire show and ninja & tumbling demonstrations on stage;
- Vancouver Aquarium AquaVan interactive zone for kids;
- $15,000 Grand Prize Showcase including a 1-year lease on a Toyota Prius;
- Baby feeding & changing lounge with complimentary diapers, wipes & comfy seating;
- Family Rest Stop courtesy of Love Child Organics and lots of stroller parking;
- First 500 adults through the door receive a gift bag full of healthy product samples;
- First 200 adults through the door receive an adult pass to Science World; and
- Partial proceeds of ticket sales support Canucks Autism Network sports programs.
I’m excited to see that Springfree Trampoline is a new addition to this year’s Active Kid Zone at the Expo. It’s the smart, active living choice that delivers for the whole family and you can test-drive one for yourself at the event on March 26. And guess what? One lucky family will be taking home a Springfree Trampoline through the Expo’s early bird ticket draw, and another one as part of the Expo’s Grand Prize Showcase (visit the Healthy Family Expo website for terms & conditions for those giveaways). Prize value: over $3000!
- Adults: $15 each online, cash at the door, or at London Drugs from March 1-26.
- Kids <16: FREE and ALL ATTRACTIONS are included with admission!
get involved in the fun:
- Join the Expo 2017 Facebook Event to RSVP & win thousands in prizes at their March 23 pre-Expo Facebook Party from 8-10 pm!
- Buy tickets early to qualify to win a Springfree Trampoline!
- Grab 2-for-1 adult tickets online using limited time promo code: PD241.
And to kick off our pre-Expo celebrations, we’re giving away a $200 Healthy Family Expo 2017 shopping spree that one lucky winner will get to spend on their choice of exhibitors at the event on March 26! This online giveaway runs from March 6 – 22. The winner must be a British Columbia resident aged 19+ and able to attend the Healthy Family Expo to pick up and use the prize that day (March 26, 9-5pm, Vancouver Convention Centre). Enter for your chance to win through Rafflecopter below. Bonus entry if you follow me on Instagram! The winner will be announced at the pre-Expo Facebook Party on March 23!