- 1 cup nuts (I used a mix of walnuts, almonds and cashews)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup dates
- 2 cups cashews, pre-soaked in water for 4 hrs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (I used 3 small organic lemons)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tspns dried culinary lavender
- 1/2 tspn vanilla extract
- Use parchment paper to oil muffin pan with coconut oil (prevents sticking).
- Place long strips of parchment paper in each muffin mold for easier removal (I saw the Minimalist Baker do this and I think it is genius).
- Process dates, nuts and chia seeds together in a food processor until you get a rough, sticky mixture.
- Transfer spoonfuls of the mixture into the muffin pan and push down firmly and evenly. Set in freezer.
- Blend all filling ingredients together in a blender until smooth and creamy. You may need to add liquid to help out (ex. almond milk).
- Take muffin pan out of freezer and scoop filling on top of each crust, smoothing out to pop air bubbles. I used a 1/4 measuring cup to distribute the filling to each mold and then went back over with a spoon to even them out.
- Decorate if desired (I decorated half with lavender before freezing and the other half with lemons after freezing).
- Set in the freezer for at least 5 hours.
- Gently pull each cake out holding the wax paper. The wax paper will make indents which I smoothed out easily.
- Serve or store in freezer or fridge.
- low-glycemic = helps maintain blood sugar levels
- lemon juice = contains vitamin C which boosts immune system, helps improve digestion, may improve insulin function, boosts liver function
- tree nuts = no cholesterol, high in unsaturated fats which help reduce LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels, help prevent cardiovascular disease
- chia seeds = high in omega-3s which can help decrease high testosterone and improve egg quality
- coconut oil = anti-inflammatory, may positively impact thyroid function, may improve cholesterol profiles by increasing HDL cholesterol, its use is controversial in the scientific community due to high saturated fat content so I use in moderation
Happy Solstice! I would love how you recreate this vegan cheesecake! Please share your photos with me on Instagram: @phruitfuldish
This recipe was inspired by Em at This Rawsome Vegan Life.