I designed this high-protein hummus specifically for fighting inflammation and disease. Garlic has been shown to help lower inflammation, boost immune functioning and kill cancer cells (it is most potent when eaten raw!). Turmeric, a well-researched spice, is responsible for the bright yellow color. It has been shown to help prevent diabetes and treat depression (one study demonstrated turmeric is as effective as Prozac). Leave a comment letting me know how you cook with garlic or turmeric!
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10-15 peeled garlic cloves, roasted or raw
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Optional: Roast whole garlic bulbs in oven for 30 min at 400°F (see directions). Alternatively, if your garlic is already peeled then throw the peeled cloves in the oven. This method will only take 15-20 min.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth (add water to help with blending and scrape down sides when food processor gets stuck).
- Sprinkle with herb of choice and serve.
- garlic = helps lower cholesterol, an antibiotic, & blood cleanser which relaxes blood vessels for easier blood flow
- extra virgin olive oil = anti-inflammatory, studies show 1-2 tbsp a day can lower risk of certain types of cancers
- rosemary = anti-inflammatory, has been shown to inhibit the proliferation of ovarian cancer cells
- turmeric = anti-inflammatory, helps lower blood glucose levels, anti-depressant, black pepper increases bioavailability
- cumin = has been shown to lower blood glucose and insulin levels
If you want to receive an email when I post a new recipe, keep scrolling to find the button to follow my blog!