Overnight oats with a twist: chia seeds! Sometimes I will mix oats and chia together (cheaper than straight chia alone) but I splurged on this recipe to experience the full chia seed effect. To boost the protein content I added protein powder, but this is totally optional as the chia & almond milk provide about 8 grams of protein already. PS. Getting creative with toppings is the most fun part for me!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen blackberries and blueberries
- Whisk almond milk, chia seeds, protein powder and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Place in fridge overnight.
- In the morning remove from fridge.
- Puree frozen fruit in food processor until creamy (add a splash of almond milk).
- Layer fruit with chia seed mixture and top with whatever you want (here I have goji berries and coconut).
- cinnamon = may help balance glucose levels, lower cholesterol, and decrease triglycerides in blood
- chia seeds = high in omega 3s which can help decrease high testosterone and improve egg quality
- blackberries = can assist in liver disease protection
- blueberries = may help to lower blood glucose levels